Location: Indianapolis, IN
Diversified Services Network is seeking a Project Accountant for one of our clients located in Indianapolis, IN.
Key Areas of Responsibilities
- Performs monthly close process for project to include revenue and expense entries and review of the project’s balance sheet.
- Prepares bank reconciliations and gift card inventory reconciliations, if applicable.
- Monitors activity to ensure accounting policies, procedures, and plans are executed.
- Develops, prepares, and supports annual budgets.
- Provides actual vs. budget analysis to include forecasting of fund availability.
- Ensures that procedures and policies are in place to facilitate effective and efficient financial reporting compliant with local, state, and corporate policies.
- Oversees the project’s fiscal operations to meet project deadlines.
- Prepares budgets for all major funding streams and special project grants.
- Develops and maintains reporting mechanisms to assist with tracking expenditures and obligations.
- Analyzes corporate financial information as it relates to project revenues, expenditures, and balance sheets.
- Accounts for project expenditures to ensure compliance with applicable regulations and program requirements.
- Forecasts expenditures used in planning program activities.
- Communicates with board regarding budgets, billings, and financial related matters.
- Prepares customer billings for all funding streams.
- Assists internal and state monitors during financial review of program expenditures and prepares responses to monitoring reports.
- Trains staff on changes in funding regulations, corporate policies, local operating procedures, and board policies.
- Prepares financial reports for corporate, state, and local management teams.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education/Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Bachelor’s Degree or higher in business, accounting, finance, or related field. Three to five years of experience in business or accounting, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Must have demonstrated knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles, be able to interpret balance sheets and profit/loss reports and write and implement financial management policies and procedures.