Location: Mossville, IL
Diversified Services Network, Inc. is seeking a full-time Electrical Component Engineer to work onsite in our Mossville, IL facility.
As an Electrical Component Engineer on the team, you’ll conduct and lead activities to develop and bring to production new operator controls and electrical components. You’ll ensure components are developed to meet time, cost, and quality goals.
- Write validation plans for electrical/electronic components.
- Become a subject matter expert on operator controls and other electrical components.
- Document customer requirements and translate into hardware and software requirements documents that can be used to recreate requests for quote to be shared with the supply base.
- Complete APQP (Advanced Product Quality Planning) steps for development and release of electrical/electronic components.
- Participate in team and project meetings.
- Meet with electronics suppliers and works with technician resources in the labs.
Education & Experience Required:
- Bachelors degree in Electrical Engineering, or Mechatronics; will also consider Bachelors degree in Mechanical Engineering, plus 5-7 years’ experience.
- Master’s or above will be considered and relevant coursework will be applied toward experience but durations must be listed on resume for each.
Technical Skills Required:
- Intermediate or better with MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint
- Experience working with electrical/electronic component development
- Familiarity with electrical circuits and schematics
- Familiarity with new product introduction
- APQP experience
- Experience writing technical specifications
- Experience creating validation plans
Soft Skills Required:
- Ability to work well in a team environment
- Strong communication, written and verbal
- Attention to detail