Location: Mossville, IL
Diversified Services Network Inc is seeking a Technical Business System Analyst
An entry-level project management professional committed to delivering programs on-time and within budget by improving the effectiveness of project teams through the application of professionally accepted program and project management methods, techniques, and tools. Candidate may support 1-3 medium to large or 5-10 smaller projects.
Primary responsibility will be assisting in the scoping, requirements development, acceptance testing, user satisfaction, and project completion of various business unit related projects. As an Assistant Project Manager, the candidate will benefit the effort to align and coordinate enhancement and new development requirements for systems integral to the successful management of emissions regulatory data. The candidate must be driven by our user and business unit relationships in a manner that reflects honesty and integrity, and within a framework of detail-oriented professionalism and a commitment to quality and excellence. The candidate will work with leadership to help achieve their respective project and day-to-day objectives while contributing superior communication and organization development skills.
- Gather requirements from business units and translate those to programmers and developers.
- Prepare cost-benefit and return-on-investment analyses to aid in decisions on system implementation
- The incumbent typically has limited project management experience and will require supervision.
- This is a staff position that requires a basic understanding of program and project management tools & processes.
- The incumbent will provide very basic facilitation for project teams and should quickly become capable of leading control meetings.
- He/she will not solely lead planning or chartering sessions but may help develop workstream diagrams and assist with integration and acceptance testing sessions. With project lead guidance, maintains program level issues/action logs, risk registers, scope change requests/logs, program work plans.
- Maintains accurate project schedules with some follow-up by Program Management Supervisor to ensure data quality.
- The incumbent captures project information, analyzes data from schedule updates, works with project team members to resolve errors, helps explain changes due to updates, and updates plan according to actions taken by the project team to resolve scheduling conflicts.
- Assists with detailed planning meetings in support of more senior coordinators. Creates test case packages and communicates project status.
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering or related field required. MBA or other related advanced degree preferred.
- 0-2 years’ experience required.
- Verbal and written communication skills, problem solving skills, attention to detail and interpersonal skills.
- Basic ability to work independently and manage one’s time.
- Basic knowledge of design techniques and principals involved in production of drawings and models.
- Basic knowledge of computer software, such as Visual Basic, Java, SQL, etc.
- In addition, one to three years of job-related experience in project support areas including office or manufacturing positions
- Exposure to engineering, or product development, or purchasing, or IT desired.
- Must possess or quickly gain knowledge of project management software (Primavera or MS Project), MS Office (Excel/Word/PowerPoint), Adobe Acrobat, and Web Publishing tools.
- Strong interpersonal skills are desired including excellent communication skills and the ability to work in a team environment.
An Equal Opportunity Employer