Location: Mossville, IL
Diversified Services Network, Inc. (DSN) is seeking a Purchasing Analyst in Mossville, IL
- Serve as the primary contact between the company and the supply base for global initiatives providing support to various business units.
- Accountable for the complete commercial relationship with the supply based including cost competitiveness and supplier shipping and quality performance.
- Responsible for all commercial discussions/negotiations with the supply base.
- Responsible and accountable for ongoing development, communication and implementation of a global sourcing strategy.
- Responsible for developing, managing, and executing contractual agreements ensuring business proposal completeness and proper risk assessment.
- Demonstrate leadership in developing and executing all aspects of OPACC optimization including cost and inventory reductions, quality improvement, and design related opportunities.
- Identify and promote new technology opportunities for continuous improvement and cost reductions.
- Promote the highest level of professionalism and business ethics.
- Run reports with analysts, dealing with receipt issues from suppliers, handling discrepancies in invoicing, handling ASN’s, 70% of the time is tactical and the other 30% is strategic.
- Undergraduate degree from a college or university.
- 2-4 years of experience in purchasing, logistics, and/or engineering.
- Ability to read and understand engineering drawings, CAD files, tooling specifications, and electronics specifications.
- Ability to recognize electronic market factors driving price, to evaluate and compare current price to market to secure reduced prices.
- Ability to read and interpret drawings for manufacturing, component data and specifications.
- Experience in purchasing and sourcing data analytics, evaluations and decisions as well as practical experience in project leadership and program management.
- Professional certification in Purchasing and/or Inventory Management.
- Strong analytical skills in gathering, analyzing, and tracking key market information and trends.
- Understanding of the common category needs of multiple business units and ability to leverage company’s strengths to obtain best values for the businesses.
- Strong cost management skills.
- Demonstrated success with contract management/development.
- Experience with should cost modeling techniques & E-auctions.
- Experience leading organizations or influencing key stakeholders without direct authority.
- Capability to develop networks involving cross functional/cross division groups and to senior management.
- Effective communicator, in written and oral form.
- Experience in developing and presenting presentations to upper management or suppliers.
- Understanding and exposure of Lean Manufacturing principles.
- Well-developed interpersonal skills are required in dealing with sensitive issues, developing others, and reaching consensus on specific actions.
- Demonstrated functional leadership including at least 3 years managing suppliers and/or creating strategic sourcing plans.