Location: Peoria, IL
Diversified Services Network, Inc. is seeking a Project Manager in Peoria IL and Lafayette, IN to work on a hybrid of remote/onsite. . The incumbent will be a project management professional committed to delivering programs on-time and within budget by improving the effectiveness of project teams through the application of professionally accepted program and project management methods, techniques, and tools. Candidate may support 3-5 medium to large or many more small projects.
- Perform project planning, identify critical issues, and drive the project team to resolve gaps and problems. May work directly with different units, suppliers, customers and/or other teams.
- Work on project schedules, status updates, collecting updates from team members on projects, variance reporting, risk reporting.
- Provide facilitation for project teams, leading control meetings and chartering/planning sessions for medium to large projects.
- Maintain program level issues/action logs, risk registers, scope change requests/logs, program work plans, and program cost tracking with little follow-up from the Program Management Supervisor.
- Be successful in implementing on time, within cost, and at the required quality targets.
- Maintain and improve processes for generating customer deliverables, which may involve significant post-processing and deep expertise in other software tools for portfolio resource management and/or program cost forecasting and tracking.
- Capture project information, analyze data from schedule updates (e.g. critical path), work with project team members to resolve logic errors, help explain changes due to updates, and update plan according to actions taken by the project team to resolve schedule problems.
- Make recommendations to the project team to resolve schedule and project cost issues.
- Transfer work breakdown structures (WBS) into project management software.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience and PMP.
- MS Project experience or other Project Planning tool
- Exposure to engineering, product development, logistics, purchasing, or IT.
- Waterfall or Agile Project Management Methodology
- NPI project experience- desired.
- Previous Program/Portfolio Management experience- desired
- Microsoft Office including Excel and Word is required. Powerpoint desired.
- Strong facilitation skills required.
- Ability to facilitate and lead meetings, as well as give presentations.
- Excellent interpersonal skills including team leadership skills, good communication skills, and organizational skills.
- Ability to communicate technical information effectively with team members and others in the work group, as well as employees in other units.
- Ability to delegate and handle responsibilities.
- Ability to influence others without having authority.