Location: Athens, GA
Diversified Services Network, Inc. (DSN) is seeking a Packaging Engineer in Athens, GA
- Provide corrective actions for Packaging (CI Cards).
- Provide Packaging Support to Plant logistics/manufacturing groups during line changes.
- Provide Packaging support for Transportation or material cost savings.
- Attend NPI/CPI related Supply Chain meetings.
- Identify and focus on continuous improvement opportunities for current products through Packaging designs.
- Obtain critical information from Engineering/Supply Chain/Manufacturing groups.
- Design optimal Packaging taking into account TCO (this includes Inventory, Transportation Cost, ROI for Packaging, etc.).
- Present Packaging proposals to Stakeholders and get buy-off as required.
- Design packaging for assembled / kitted WTs to be shipped from Waco, Texas to dealers from Assembly Plant.
- Address CI cards requesting corrective actions.
- Bachelor of Engineering Degree required (Packaging Engineering preferred).
- Display attributes of a critical thinker and leverages innovative ideas.
- Advanced ability to make sketches or presentations and common computations.
- Advanced ability to read and interpret technical drawings. Knowledge of Packaging concepts (expendable and returnable).
- Working Packaging design experience required (2 or more Years with returnable/Corrugate/Wood Packaging).
- Strong Analytical and Mathematical skills.
- Proficient in MS Office – Proficiency in Modeling software like PROE/Solid Works preferred
- Ability to work/manage on multiple projects within work schedules.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work with diverse group of stakeholders.
- Good time management skills.
- Team player.
- Ability to work with numerous stakeholders.
An Equal Opportunity Employer