Location: East Peoria, IL
Diversified Services Network, Inc. (DSN) is seeking a Machine Development Engineer in East Peoria, IL
- Plan, coordinate, and execute the test & development of machines (small and medium track type tractors) at the Peoria Proving Grounds on various NPI, CPI, NTI and Research programs & projects.
- Activities include total machine evaluations along with sub-systems and component evaluations.
- Provide logistical, technical, and hands-on machine expertise in support of other active team programs/projects.
- Execute instrumented and non-instrumented tests, analyzing acquired data to varying degrees, draw conclusions, & make recommendations to Business Unit clients or to other Machine Development Engineers.
- Timely & accurate machine development documentation is a critical portion of this position.
- Occasional support at offsite test locations is anticipated.
- The applicant should be tolerant of an aggressive development schedule and must be willing to work extended hours if the job requires.
- Working in office, shop, and field environments, running test, updating data, etc.
- Could be out in the elements year-round
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering.
- Mechanical or Agricultural Engineering degree is desired.
- 2-4 years of experience.
- Comfortable working on or around heavy machinery.
- Experience with heavy machinery.
- General working knowledge of data acquisition equipment, instruments, various internal/external analysis software and/or a strong willingness to learn.
- Willing to work in outside environment.
- Exceptional mechanical skills from experience with the maintenance or repair of farm, construction, or automotive equipment/machines.
- Understanding of data acquisition instrumentation and data communication/analysis tools such as DATK, EDAQ, SCII, PPRD, MyNPI, ET, Primavera, CADetWin, and CanApe.
- Knowledge & experience in the use of engineering systems such as HVC, QRWB, SIS, VisView, & Pro-E.
- Strong technical and problem-solving skills and solid mechanical aptitude.
- Desire to be hands-on with machines.
- Previous test experience with machines, engines, hydraulics, and/or powertrains.
- Excellent teamwork skills.
- Strong communication skills.
- Strong planning/organization skills.
- Strong technical background.
- High level of motivation and initiative.
- Strong work ethic.
An Equal Opportunity Employer