Location: Central, IL
Diversified Services Network Inc is seeking a HR Generalist who will be responsible to help with new hire orientation and onboarding, payroll and benefits, company policy and procedure adherence. In addition, you will build strong relationships with our company’s managers in order to help them with their human resource needs.
- Provide ‘first line’ support to employees, managers and HR Colleagues who have queries on existing HR policies or procedures and benefits.
- Responsible for tracking, maintenance and updating of employee files, including I-9s, requesting system amendments for employee changes, supporting time reporting on Kronos and sending relevant paperwork to be entered to employees electronic history files.
- Coordinate employee bulletin/compliance boards and support employee communications and employee relation activities.
- Help support initiatives as an outcome of employee feedback (including continuous improvement ideas and the Employee Insights Survey).
- Send relevant employee related documentation to the correct support group e.g. FML, Workers Compensation, medical notes, etc.
- Support local facility recruiting/interviewing activities where needed.
- Attend local Job Fairs and Career sessions where requested.
- Where needed, conduct new employee orientations to establish positive attitude toward company goals.
- Counsel employees on developmental opportunities and career paths available within company.
- Provide investigation and disciplinary support to the facility as agreed with the HR Manager.
- Provide backup support and coverage in the absence of the on-site HR Manager.
- 2 years exp in HR,
- Well-organized, good communication skills, problem solving
- Experience in HR
- PHR or SPHR certification
- Experience with Workday, Kronos and Excel (basic)
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or Associate’s degree with experience
Flexible on hours. On-site from day one. No recruitment experience needed. Will be helping with onboarding. Will consider 32 hr/week.
**An Equal Opportunity Employer**