Location: Springfield, IL
DSN seeks an entry-level Title IV-E Specialist to join our team in the Springfield, IL. He/she is responsible for reviewing child welfare subsidy case files and Title IV-E claiming materials to ensure that Title IV-E eligibility was properly determined by the area office and to ensure that federal and state regulations were followed. The Title IV-E Specialist is responsible for entering findings, running routine reports on performance indicators, identifying trends, among other tasks. The Title IV-E Quality Specialist works as part of a larger team that coordinates a statewide project in a small friendly office atmosphere. Downtown location with employer paid parking, Monday-Friday work schedule, and benefits package available.
- Learn and apply Illinois’s policy and procedures for Title IV-E eligibility and claiming for adoption assistance including the Adoption Act, Adam Walsh Act, and Title IV-E of the Social Security Act.
- Gather, review, and analyze Adoption Assistance case information within Illinois.
- Travel within the work year throughout Illinois, if needed.
- Collect and enter findings into a database with accuracy, timeliness, and specificity.
- Identify trends in compliance issues and business practices. And,
- Maintain positive working relationship with the client.
- Detail oriented and self-motivated.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Experience with Microsoft Office applications, preferably Excel, Word, and Outlook.
- Excellent communications skills; ability to communicate effectively to identify and correct compliance errors as well as recognize and circulate best practice.
- Ability to work well independently and within a team.
Required Experience / Education:
- Bachelor degree or higher, preferably in business, business administration, accounting, social work, public policy, or other related fields.
- Ability to pass a criminal background check
An Equal Opportunity Employer