Location: Morton, IL
The main function of a design engineer is to apply the principles of computer science and mathematical analysis to the design, development, testing, and evaluation of the software and systems that make computers work.
A typical systems engineer analyzes user needs, and then designs, tests, and develops software to meet those needs.
- Modify existing databases and database management systems or direct programmers and analysts to make changes.
- Write and code logical and physical database descriptions and specify identifiers of database to management system or direct others in coding descriptions.
- Work as part of a project team to coordinate database development and determine project scope and limitations.
- Review project requests describing database user needs to estimate time and cost required to accomplish project.
- Verbal and written communication skills, problem solving skills, customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Basic ability to work independently and manage one’s time.
- Basic knowledge of the full software development lifecycle: from business/systems analysis, through requirements gathering and functional specification authoring, to development, testing and delivery.
- Basic ability to troubleshoot issues and make system changes as needed to resolve issue.
- Basic knowledge of circuit boards, processors, electronic equipment and computer hardware and software.
- Knowledge of computer development software across multiple platforms.
Additional Job Details:
- As an Aftermarket Parts Design Engineer you will support Resource Industries objectives to deliver cross vertical aftermarket OIA commitments, with specific focus on delivering benefits of the digitization of service parts, branding, elimination of duplicate parts, new parts governance and clean-up and flexible manufacturing.
- As a design engineer, this individual will provide worldwide technical and product support of a variety of aftermarket part projects.
- Key areas of responsibility include: plan and manage the job/project; manage the business/financial aspects of the job/project; provide a supportive work environment for the team.
- They will interact with people from diverse technical and cultural backgrounds.
- The individual must collaborate closely within the team and beyond the team with RI Product Groups, suppliers, and individuals in many customer organizations. Expectations demand that jobs/projects be completed on time.
- Some travel to other locations should be expected.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Collaborating on parts branding, similar parts searches, cost investigation and 3D printing
- Communicating technical information in a concise and accurate manner
- Identifying replacements for legacy components
- Creating and managing Change Notices within Teamcenter Engineering
- Developing, maintaining and managing a robust plan/process for releasing engineering drawings In this role you will work parts projects to deliver OPACC improvements across Resource Industry Product Groups through:
- 3D Model/Drawing Conversions
- Similar Parts Searches using Attribute & Shape search tools
- Elimination of duplicate parts (Cancel or service replace by)
- Re-use and prevention of parts proliferation
- Aftermarket parts protection decision framework
- Lifecycle processes
- 3D printing
- Job shop optimization of parts The position will collaborate with resources across the Resource Industries Product Groups, ITDD, RISM and PSLD. This position will be located in the Peoria area.
- Bachelor’s degree in an accredited Engineering curriculum
- 3 years of relevant work experience in design and manufacturing
- Demonstrated people skills: excellent teamwork and communication skills
- Demonstrated organization skills
- Experience using MS Excel, Word and Powerpoint
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong customer focus and initiative with the ability to work in a dynamic team environment
- Ability to read and interpret technical drawings
- Product design experience utilizing Creo and Team Center Engineering along with engineering standards and specifications
- Familiarity with Change Notices, Global Engineering Change workflow process, Teamcenter Engineering and releasing drawings
- Must have the ability to learn and do statistical analysis and have basic computer skills
An Equal Opportunity Employer