Location: Clayton, NC
Diversified Services Network is seeking a Design Engineer.
Major Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Read warranty reports and summarize failures mode(s).
- Theorize possible root causes and support with warranty information and engineering knowledge.
- Develop engineering solutions which may include design changes, manufacturing support, field support.
- Develop designs to meet customer requirements during new product development.
- Plan and support the execution of validation of designs both in controlled settings and possibly with actual customer applications.
- Collaborate with supply chain engineering and manufacturing to bring solutions to market in timely and cost-efficient fashio
- As an engineer on the Engine System Team the successful candidate will support the resolution of critical customer issues and new designs as part of new product development involving the engine installation on small construction equipment.
- The engineer will work as a member of a cross functional team that includes other Engine System Team members, various other system and machine group engineers, manufacturing, purchasing and supply chain personnel.
- The key deliverable will be fully developed, and validated designs complete with drawings that have been reviewed for manfactureablity
Bachelor’s degree in engineering required. Mechanical engineering degree preferred, but willing to review other engineering degrees. Five to seven engineering experience required
- Proficient in Creo/Pro-E
- general understanding of machinery and construction equipment
- general understanding of engines and engine installation, and validation and instrumented testing methods
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, Ability to work in team / collaborative environment, and strong planning and organizing skills necessary to deliver projects on time
An equal opportunity employer