Location: Peoria, IL
Diversified Services Network, Inc. (DSN) is seeking a Cloud Developer
- Competent to perform all programming, project management, and development assignments without close supervision; normally assigned the more complex aspects of systems work.
- Work directly on complex application/technical problem identification and resolution, including responding to off-shift and weekend support calls.
- Work independently on complex systems or infrastructure components that may be used by one or more applications or systems.
- Drive application development focused around delivering business valuable features.
- Mentor and assist software engineers, providing technical assistance and direction as needed.
- Maintain high standards of software quality within the team by establishing good practices and habits.
- Identify and encourage areas for growth and improvement within the team.
- Guide the team to develop a structured application/interface code, new program documentation, operations documentation and user guides in a casual, flexible environment.
- Communicate with end users and internal customers to help direct development, debugging, and testing of application software for accuracy, integrity, interoperability, and completeness.
- Perform integrated testing and customer acceptance testing of components that requires careful planning and execution to ensure timely, quality results.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer science, Electrical engineering or related field.
- Experience in building software using Java or Python language.
Proven experience in many of the following:
- Designing, developing, deploying and maintaining software at scale.
- Developing software applications using relational and Nosql databases.
- Application architectural patterns, such as MVC, Microservices, Event-driven, etc.
- Deploying software using CI/CD tools such as Jenkins, GoCD, Azure Devops etc.
- Deploying and maintaining software using public clouds such as AWS or Azure.
- Working within an Agile framework (ideally Scrum).
Strong understanding and/or experience in many of the following:
- Batch or stream processing systems such as AWS Glue, AWS Kinesis, Apache Spark, Flink, Akka, Storm.
- Message brokers such as Kafka, RabbitMQ, AWS SQS, AWS SNS, Apache ActiveMQ, Kinesis.
- Experience designing well-defined Restful APIs.
- Experience writing API proxies on platforms such as Apigee Edge, AWS API Gateway or Azure API Gateway.
- Hands one experience with API tools such as Swagger, Postman and Assertible.
- Test driven development and behavior driven development.
- Hands on experience with testing tools such as Selenium and Cucumber and their integration into CI/CD pipelines.
- Datastores such as MongoDB, Cassandra, Redis, Elasticsearch, MySQL, Oracle.
- Debugging and maintaining software in Linux or Unix platforms.
- Must demonstrate solid knowledge of computer science fundamentals like data structures and algorithms.
- Ability to work under pressure and within time constraints.
- Passion for technology and an eagerness to contribute to a team-oriented environment.
- Demonstrated leadership on small to medium-scale projects impacting strategic priorities
- Good communication skills.
- Ability to work in a team.
- Ability to solve problems.
An Equal Opportunity Employer